Newlyweds. Goofballs. Movie stars. We are Carbonated Jeans.

Monday, March 30, 2009

I'm ready for my close-up.

So on Saturday we got to practice for our engagement photos. What do you think? :-P

Okay but seriously, how genius is this:

At the wedding we went to on Saturday night, they had a photo booth, just like the ones in the mall, and everyone went in and took pictures of themselves to add to the couple's guest book! They had all kinds of blank scrapbook pages, markers, little photo corner things, etc. So people could decorate their own entire page, write whatever they wanted, and now they have pictures of all of their guests on the day of their wedding. It's brilliant. And the best part was that the photo booth spit out a duplicate strip, so you could keep one for yourself and use the other for their guest book.

I really might be tempted to steal that idea for our wedding.

Another idea we probably WILL steal from their wedding: having a dance lesson at the beginning of the reception, while we're off doing our photos. It'll keep the guests occupied, and they can learn some basic swing/line dances, too, since we'll have a mix of primarily those two types of music.

Oh, and the one thing that we are unintentionally "stealing" from Saturday's wedding: the dress.

That's right folks. The bride was wearing the exact same dress that I bought for my wedding. This is what I get for shopping at David's Bridal. But you know? I'm okay with it. It's a beautiful dress, and Jenny looked great in it, and I will look great in it, too. I'm at peace. (Slightly bummed that Joe has now seen "the dress"...but he won't see ME in it until the wedding day, so it's all good.)

Anyway, it's getting to be lunch time and I am huuuuuuuuungry! Time for a Subway run.

P.S. How great is the second photo in our strip up there? I seriously LOVE how it came out! (It might have something to do with the fact that I just love kissing my fiance...but it's a good pic too, no?)

7 comments:

  1. I love your annogram first of all...second of all I love that I was able to be there to see your special moment unfold!! thirdly, I love YOU! hehe :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. aaaaand by annogram I meant anagram :) teehee

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love weddings! And I loved all of those wedding ideas! And congratulations again- will you ever tire of hearing it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Too bad you told Joe that the bride was wearing the same dress you chose. He probably wouldn't have been paying close enough attention to figure that out. I don't think most girls would even be able to tell. Anyway, I can't wait to see you in it. Will I have to wait till the wedding day or do I get a sneak peak?

    Love you,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been to a wedding where they had a photobooth but they didn't use them as guest book photos. I want to steal that idea too! And the dance lesson thing? GREAT IDEA. Keep them coming. I'm in the Midwest and not getting married for a long time (heck, I'm not engaged) SO no one will know if I borrow the ideas, right?? And you won't mind?? =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. that IS a fantastic idea! I might have to steal it too. When I get married. a hundred years from now. haha.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are hilarious. :)

    And if you're wondering, it was http://www.capitalphotobooths.com ... Darin was awesome to work with.

    Meanwhile, I still haven't seen the actual guestbook (and can't WAIT!) -- we got back from Victoria on Saturday, and have been nonstop ever since with moving ten years of crap out of my apartment and into the house, and working, and getting sick, etc. ... blah.

    If you need help with wedding stuff (because believe me, there was many a moment I too had one foot in the car on the way to Vegas), let me know!

    ~jenny FENGLER ;)

    ReplyDelete

Show us some love!